Certainly, not all eye drops should have alarmed us. Surely any person, upon waking up, had those minor eliminations that are popularly called „urdori”, well these are nothing but temporary and harmless secretions. But if they are maintained in the long term, then a visit to the ophthalmologist is required.
Ocular secretions can be of several types: liquid, transparent, opaque, sticky, dry (in crusts).
And their causative factors also vary: infectious (bacterial, viral), allergic, contact, wearing worn or dirty contact lenses.
The treatment of eye secretions is also different depending on the causative factor:
- Antibiotic, topical anti-inflammatory – in the case of bacterial ones.
- Topical antivirals/immunomodulators – in the case of viral ones.
- Anti-allergic/artificial tears – in case of allergic and contact.
- Verification of the validity period of cosmetic products that are in contact with the skin and mucous membranes of the eye. >
- Proper contact lens wear.