aims to reduce unwanted pregnancies, increase awareness of the importance of contraceptive methods, and provide information and training to the population regarding the use of contraception.
Family Planning is everything that makes our lives qualitative!!!
Family Planning is about responsibility, making decisions, and prevention.
Family Planning is based on three pillars:
- Free access to contraceptive methods.
- Well-trained service providers in sexual and reproductive education.
- Demand from the population.
Modern contraceptive methods have a high level of effectiveness.
There is a multitude of contraceptive methods.
- Birth control pill;
- Vaginal ring;
- Hormonal injections;
INTRAUTERINE DEVICES (IUDs):
- Copper intrauterine device;
- Progesterone-releasing intrauterine device;
- Vaginal contraceptive suppositories;
EMERGENCY CONTRACEPTIVE METHODS – (morning-after pill)
SURGICAL CONTRACEPTION (tubal ligation)
PERMANENT CONTRACEPTION IN MEN – (Vasectomy)
It is essential that before using any contraceptive method, each prospective user is consulted, counseled, and correctly informed about the mechanism of action, administration, effectiveness, safety, side effects, and return of fertility.
It is necessary to consider the personal and family history of the patient.
Depending on the age and medical history of the patient, additional investigations may be performed:
- Babeș-Papanicolau Test (PAP test);
- Determining the biological risk related to the use of oral contraceptives (F2, F5 genes);
- Ultrasound and other investigations, depending on the case.
The decision in choosing the method of contraception belongs to the patient or ideally the couple, guided by a healthcare professional.
In recent years, there has been a slight increase in the rate
of contraceptive use, especially the birth control pill, and it is encouraging that there is no longer a fear associated with contraceptive pills.
The birth control pill also has curative and preventive effects:
- Protects against the formation of ovarian cysts;
- Reduces menstrual cramps;
- Reduces symptoms of polycystic ovary syndrome;
- Reduces symptoms of endometriosis;
- Does not lead to weight gain.
But most importantly, it protects against ovarian cancer, endometrial cancer, and colorectal cancer.
Today, every patient has the possibility to choose an individual contraceptive method that is highly effective, has minimal side effects, and is reversible.
„Plan your life the way you want it to be!!!”