We all know that a healthy mind in a healthy body is a mandatory condition for a harmonious life. The health of the mind and body is supported by a healthy lifestyle, including a balanced diet (following correct principles such as chrononutrition, local sourcing, proper food combinations), physical activity, leisure time spent in nature and with family, reading, walking – all meant to counterbalance the fast-paced and stressful life we have all been experiencing lately.
In the cold season, when vital functions and metabolisms slow down, the body’s biological fluids stagnate more, and the kidneys and gallbladder are the most sensitive organs. Therefore, our bodies need to be prepared during the autumn and supported through proper nutrition to avoid weight gain or potential health issues.
In the cold season, we need to enter with a high supply of vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, and other phytonutrients, and as little toxicity as possible, to cope with the heavy winter foods, as well as the cold and humidity.
To have an end of autumn with energy and a strong immune system, adequately prepared for the winter season, here are some useful tips:
- Proper hydration based on sex, body weight, and metabolism
- Follow a balanced diet (3 main meals per day + 1-2 snacks)
- Consume as many seasonal vegetables and fruits as possible
- Reduce the consumption of processed foods, sugar, spicy foods, carbonated and energy drinks, pastries, etc.
- Engage in outdoor physical activity
- Consider a cleansing period (detox/post-meal) if you feel the need
- Get enough sleep (7-8 hours per day)
- Relax and enjoy the last sunny days of this year!